No loans until August 20, 2017
The TU Wien University Library is migrating to a new library software: ExLibris Alma. This will mean reduced library services from August 08 - 20:
- Loans and returns are not possible between August 08 and August 20.
- Between August 08 and August 20 there is no access to your user account in CatalogPlus.
- Loan periods have been adjusted automatically, so that no fines and fees will be charged during this time.
- Requesting items is not possible.
- Loaned books and other material can be returned at the library as usual; however these items will only be marked as returned in the new library software and in your library account on August 21.
Note that the following informations cannot be migrated to the new software and will be lost:
- hold requests
- stack requests
- users' loans history
If you still need any information on the titles you had loaned, take care to export them, e.g. to a bibliographic reference software, before August 08!
Titles in the "E-Shelf" on the Online Catalogue will be available again once migration is complete.
The CatalogPlus library catalogue will remain largely unchanged.
What is Alma?
Alma is a cloud-based software for the management of library collections, including electronic and print, in a single interface. Alma supports the collaboration of libraries in the modern academic environment with built-in support for different levels of consortium arrangements.
Protection users' personal data is very important to us. Therefore, user data from TISS are saved within Alma in encrypted form and can only be read by authorised staff. The physical storage is a server in the Netherlands, within EU jurisdiction. Alma has all certifications required for a cloud-based software service and fulfils all legal requirements according to the new EU General Data Protection Regulation.
What will change for institutes of the TU Wien using Aleph for circulation?
The Aleph client will be replaced by a web-based browser application. Loans and returns will be simplified.
Two workshops for institute library managers have inform staff in detail about the changes. All persons concerned received an e-mail invitatation to these workshops.
The presentation from the workshops (German-language) is available on our website:
>presentation for TU instutes on Alma - the new library software
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.comOnline seit: 31.07.2017