TU Wien students can borrow books again
From 08 June 2020, all students of TU Wien can request media online.
Book loans to TU Wien students and doctoral candidates:
Textbook Collection: From Monday, 04 May 2020, TU Wien students can request textbooks from the textbook collections of the Main Library and the Chemistry and Mechanical Engineering Library online on CatalogPlus with their library account. Note that the books will be sent to you by post, you cannot pick them up at the library at the moment.
Other books: From Monday, 11 May 2020, TU Wien students writing their thesis and doctoral candidates can request books from the open access shelving and from the closed stacks of the Main Library and the Chemistry and Mechanical Engineering Library online on CatalogPlus with their library account. Note that the books will be sent to you by post, you cannot pick them up at the library.
Expanded loans services for TU Wien students from 08 June 2020:
From Monday, 08 June 2020, all students of TUWien can request textbooks, books from the open access shelving, and books from the closed stacks of the Main Library and of the Chemistry and Mechanical Engineering Library online on CatalogPlus with their library account. Note that the books will be sent to you by post while there is no access to the library.
This service requires your address and contact data from TISS to be passed on to Österreichische Post AG.
How to request books for postal delivery from the library:
- Important: Check your delivery address in TISS and if necessary change it to your present residence. Your requested books will be sent to this address. Note that postal delivery of books is only possible within Austria. Österreichische Post AG will email your TISS email address with the shipment notification. TU Wien Bibliothek is paying the shipping costs at present. If the shipment cannot be delivered or is not collected from your post office, your library account will be suspended and you cannot place any further requests. The Library will NOT pay the costs of any return shipments or costs arising from failed delivery. You are liable for any return postage costs.
Data protection information for this service: For shipping books, the email address and delivery address (private address) from your TISS account will be entered into the IT portal of Österreichische Post AG. We have to pass on your email address to enable consignment tracking. Your data will be held in Österreichische Post AG's IT portal for a maximum of 6 months. After expiry of this period, your data will be deleted from Österreichische Post AG's IT portal.
- Are you a TU Wien student? From 08 June 2020, you can request books from the textbook collection, the closed stacks and the open access shelving of the Library on Catalogplus with your library account. To activate your library account, go to your TISS account and accept the library rules as described here: https://www.ub.tuwien.ac.at/eng/entlehnausweis_eng.html
- Are you a TU Wien student working on your thesis? In this case, you can request books from the Library's open access shelves and the closed stacks on CatalogPlus with your library account from 11 May 2020. If you cannot request books online despite belonging to this group, your thesis supervisor can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will enable requests for you.
- Please request a maximum of 5 books a week, placing your requests at the same time to keep postal/shipping costs down. You can have up to 30 media on loan at a time. If you require more than 30 media simultaneously, your thesis superviser can contact us at email@example.com.
- You can only borrow media that are loanable (they do not have a "not loanable" policy). You will find the item policy in the Locations/GetIt tab on CatalogPlus, and some general information is included in our rules and regulations. If the library holds both an electronic and a printed version of a title, the printed version cannot be borrowed at the moment. Check this beforehand and if there is an ebook (i.e. it has a "ViewIt" tab in CatalogPlus), do not request the printed version.
- Now you are ready to go: Sign in to your library account on CatalogPlus and request your books in the "Locations/GetIt" tab.
- Any problems? If you still have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loans for all library users:
From the beginning of July, we expect that borrowing media in the library will be possible again for all library users. We will post details here as soon as possible.